PC, Inc. services are designed to assure Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance.
Using state-of-the-art technology, our security measures cover an exhaustive list of process controls at our Anchorage office. Security systems with video monitoring are in place at all entrances and exits 24 x 7. Access to the office is restricted with all of our entry points being electronically managed and only authorized personnel having entry rights. Telephone, email and internet usage are monitored and tracked for unauthorized activity. Our security management company and information technology management personnel are professionally trained individuals who monitor all logistics within and outside the facility.
PC, Inc. has a well-developed compliance culture, which is further reinforced through periodic training and education for employees on compliance issues. The PC, Inc. compliance team ensures that managers and employees are kept informed with all updates to HIPAA guidelines. Periodic compliance audits are undertaken across the organization. HIPAA Compliance is strengthened by efficient implementation of corrective measures when they are determined to be necessary from audit results.
• Business Associate Agreements are signed as soon as we finalize a contract and before accessing client data.
• Every employee signs a confidentiality agreement with severe penalties for HIPAA violations.
• Encryption algorithms ensure that the privacy of the patient is protected.
• Access to applications and databases are defined on a 'need to know' and 'minimum necessary' basis.
• HIPAA compliant procedures are in place in high risk areas such as data processing, fax and email communication to external organizations, information disclosure to payers, patients, family members and others and storage, retrieval and/or disposal of reports and physical records.
• Redundancy has been introduced at multiple levels to ensure the safety of transcribed files. Accidental or malicious attacks on stored databases are repulsed by firewalls around the secured servers.
• There is a thorough understanding of patient confidentiality. It is also well known that HIPAA makes constant changes as it incorporates or discards certain practices.
PC, Inc. provides both onsite and offsite daily backups of all of our databases. With the essential software applications and hardware, as well as general procedures for potential interruptions, we reduce the risk of any extended interruption to our systems and services.
Medical Billing and Medical Coding Services for Hospital-based physicians and Medical Practices in Alaska